Do you have a problem with Bed Bugs? Many homeowners from New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts and Rhode Island trust Bain Pest Control to help remove infestations with safe, effective methods. Trust our reputation for providing the best possible customer service.
In the last ten years, more homes and businesses have been reporting issues with bed bugs. It has been an increasing problem in apartment buildings as well as college dormitories, hospitals, nursing homes, and even hotels. Bed bugs can survive without hosts for up to a year, and their eggs are impervious to many pesticide treatments. When you notice you have a problem, chances are it’s an extensive one.
As a staff, we are committed to continual education so that we can provide our clients with the latest treatments to remove their problem. Our technicians are chosen based on their knowledge and skill, many of them with a background in entomology. They are also courteous professionals with excellent customer relation skills.
We’ll provide you with fact sheets about these pests, discuss the extent of the infestation with you, and explain the best options for extermination. We generally take a multidisciplinary approach to pest management, which includes both chemical and non-chemical measures. All of the methods we use are guaranteed safe to protect you, your family, and even your pets!
Currently, we offer two-bed bug elimination programs: traditional & heat treatments.
Bed Bug Facts
- Studies have shown that an adult bedbug may survive over one year between blood meals, with the absence of a host.
- When surfaces that have been treated with a liquid chemical dry, there is very little, if any, an effect on bedbugs that travel over that surface.
- Eliminating eggs is the #1 control problem. Very few pesticides can kill bed bug eggs
- Adult female bed bugs can lay from 2 to 5 eggs every day for up to 6 months.
- A single bed bug may only feed once every 7 days
- It can take 7-10 days for a bed bug egg to hatch
- It may take 4-5 weeks from hatching for bed bugs to reproduce
A Bed Bug-Free Organization
BedbugFREE is the establishment of a network of pest management professionals throughout the United States that share a similar philosophy and approach to bed bug management as Bed Bug Central. View this website for more info.
Examples of BedBugFREE core philosophies include:
- A commitment to educating clients about bedbugs. This includes providing a variety of fact sheets, communicating findings and observations of bedbug services and providing educational seminars.
- A multi-disciplinary approach to bed bug management that includes both chemical and non-chemical measures (i.e. steam, vacuums, extraction tape etc.)
- Utilizing different strategies specifically geared for addressing bed bug eggs that are not easily dealt with through chemical means.
- Use of high-quality mattress and box spring encasements as opposed to treating mattresses with pesticides.
- Thorough follow-up program that is not based upon a maximum number of visits, but rather is based upon the current status of bed bug activity.
- Well defined methodology for determining when an infestation has been eliminated.
- Provide recommendations to property managers regarding the importance of including surrounding units in the scope of work in multi-occupancy settings
- Effective Steaming Procedures
Whether you are a single family homeowner, property manager, landlord or a facilities manager, Bain will provide you with a program customized to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Bain will perform the safest, most effective and professional treatments so that you, your families, your tenants, clients and customers, may rest easy.