Pest control is a serious matter, both for homeowners and business owners. Insects and rodents are disease spreaders, destroyers of property, dangerous to children in the home, and a signal to customers at hotels, restaurants, and all places of business to take their patronage elsewhere.
At first, most people attempt to eradicate pests on their own, using low-grade pest control products found in hardware stores and retail outlets. These often work well enough on easy jobs, but when infestations are severe or constantly recurring, it’s time to call in the professionals.
In some cases, a quick, targeted attack will eliminate the problem and leave your home or business pest-free for months or years to come. This is often not the case, however, which leads to the need for a regular pest control protection plan.
How Frequently Do I Need to Schedule Pest Control Services?
Pest control companies will be more than willing to work with you in any frequency you choose, but the most commonly selected plans are biannual, quarterly, bimonthly, and monthly.
A quarterly pest control protection plan is good at addressing seasonal changes in pest threats. Bimonthly is adequate for most situations, but still gives pests a chance to “regroup and recover” before the next treatment.
Monthly protection plans may seem like overkill to some, but in reality, they are the ideal choice in many of the most critical situations. Some of the best reasons to opt for a month-by-month pest control protection plan include the following:
- A heavy pest density may require repeated treatments to thin out and destroy. Insects hidden deep in crevices, behind walls, or under floorboards can sometimes escape initial treatment or leave eggs behind that survive the first wave of insecticides. Monthly treatments mean you will likely eliminate all of your unwelcome guests.
- One-time treatments are typically guaranteed for the first 30 days, but after that, you could be back to square one. This is because some pests, like German cockroaches, have very short breeding cycles. Also, buildings located near pest sources can quickly “refill” with new pests after the old ones have been dealt with.
- Prevention will likely mean maintaining an outer perimeter barrier after the initial problems have been resolved. Only professionals have access to the most potent and targeted applicants, and even the most powerful chemicals will eventually fade.
- Many industries, such as healthcare, food service, and educational facilities, must pass periodic inspections by government agencies. Failure to pass has severe consequences, making monthly plans the safest way to keep your doors open and prevent heavy fines and bad publicity.
Which Pest Control Company Should I Choose for My Monthly Plan?
When selecting a pest control servicer for a monthly plan, you need to be particularly careful since you will be relying on this company. Some of the qualities to look for in a pest control contractor include:
- Long experience in the industry. Bain Pest Control Services, for example, which serves most of New England, has been in the business since 1926.
- A wide range of pests covered. You save money when the same company can deal with every pest-related threat you face.
- Environmental concern. You don’t want to harm the people or pets present on your premises, or the nature around them.
Keeping up with pest prevention will greatly benefit your home or business. Choosing the best contractor to handle your monthly protection plan will keep pest problems permanently under control. Request a quote today at Bain Pest Control to find out how we can help give you a pest free home or business